Last updated January 4, 2021
Below are some of the cleaning and safety measures we are employing against COVID-19 this year. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC, the city and the state. We also attend webinars to learn about what other schools and centers around the country are doing to be safe. This is a changing document so please check back for updates.
- All students and faculty have their temperatures taken upon arrival with a non-contact thermometer. A basic health survey must be completed on Brightwheel for each child before they can enter the building.
- The only adults in the building are the faculty and the cleaning staff.
- We are using 4 different entrances to reduce the risk of bottlenecking at any one entrance. Alternately a car line may be used.
- Masks are required for all children, faculty and staff.
- Children and staff wash hands frequently throughout the day.
- All high touch surfaces in the classrooms and around the school will be disinfected multiple times each day.
- One class at a time on the playground.
- Toys will be disinfected daily. Any soft toys (dolls, stuffed animals, dress up) have been put in storage.
- Children must bring their own school supplies (crayons, markers, scissors, play dough, etc.) which will not be shared.
- Auxiliary programming has been significantly impacted. Children remain with their morning cohorts through the afternoon.
- The school is thoroughly cleaned every afternoon. We purchased an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer to assist in the disinfecting of classrooms.
- If a child becomes symptomatic at school they are taken to a designated empty classroom to wait with a teacher until they are picked up. Any child who appears sick (COVID-19 or otherwise) must be picked up immediately.
- In the event of a positive case in the school (child or staff), the entire school community will be notified via Brightwheel text alert. The infected person’s identity will not be shared. We will contact the Philadelphia Health Department to determine our course of action. We will most likely close the classroom and request that the entire class quarantine for 14 days. After 72 hours, the class will pivot to online learning. The entire school will remain at home for 72 hours while the school is thoroughly cleaned and while we consult with the Philadelphia Health Department to ensure a safe re-opening.
- Any travel outside of Pennsylvania will require a 10 day quarantine and a negative Covid test before your child can return to school. Please contact the Director prior to embarking on your trip.