Last updated August 11, 2020
Below are some of the cleaning and safety measures we are planning to employ against COVID-19 this year. We will continue to follow the guidelines and recommendations of the CDC, the city and the state. We also attend weekly webinars to learn about what other schools and centers around the country are doing to be safe. This is a changing document so please check back for updates.
- All students and faculty will have temperatures taken upon arrival with a non contact thermometer. A basic health survey must be completed on Brightwheel for each child before they can enter the building.
- The only adults in the building will be faculty and the cleaning crew.
- We will use 4 different entrances to reduce the risk of bottlenecking at any one entrance. Alternately a car line may be used. This plan will be communicated at our orientation sessions on August 18 & 19.
- Masks are required for all children 2 years old and up. All faculty and staff will wear masks.
- Children and staff will wash hands frequently throughout the day.
- All high touch surfaces in the classrooms and around the school will be disinfected every hour.
- One class at a time on the playground. Playground equipment will be disinfected between classes.
- Toys will be disinfected and rotated daily. Any soft toys (dolls, stuffed animals, dress up) will be put in storage.
- Children will bring their own school supplies (crayons, markers, scissors, play dough, etc.) which will not be shared.
- Auxiliary programming will be significantly impacted. Children will remain with their morning cohorts through the afternoon.
- The school will be thoroughly cleaned every afternoon.
- If a child becomes symptomatic at school they will be taken to a designated empty classroom to wait with a teacher until they are picked up. Any child who appears sick (COVID-19 or otherwise) must be picked up immediately.
- In the event of a positive case in the school (child or staff), the entire school community will be notified via Brightwheel text alert. The infected person’s identity will not be shared. We will contact the Philadelphia Health Department to determine our course of action. We will most likely close the classroom and request that the entire class quarantine for 14 days. The class will pivot to online learning during this time. The entire school will remain at home for 72 hours while the school is thoroughly cleaned and while we collaborate with the Health Department to ensure a safe re-opening.