Last updated September 2, 2020
- Can you share your covid health and safety protocols? Please see the COVID tab on our website for our current protocols.
- Are there situations in which PCCH Preschool would pause/stop in person education in the absence of government guidance for preschools to be shut down? If there are confirmed positive cases in the school we will have to close until we can safely re-open. We will consult with the Philadelphia Health Department and our COVID-19 advisory committee to determine our course of action.
- Are there any restrictions or guidance regarding preschools in which PCCH does not think it could operate even if the guidance was not explicitly to shut down preschools? We will always use an abundance of caution and err on the side of safety. We will review all recommendations from the CDC, State of Pennsylvania and the Philadelphia Health Department and make the best decision for our school community.
- If there is differing guidance from the CDC, the state of Pennsylvania, and the city of Philadelphia which guidance will be followed? We hope that those agencies will work in tandem to make decisions for early childhood education centers. We are licensed by the City of Philadelphia and therefore subject to their COVID policies.
- If Philadelphia is in “yellow phase”, will PCCH preschool be open? Yes. As long as we are still permitted to be open in the yellow phase we plan to be open
- Regarding the e-learning, will this include suggested activities that we can do with our son at home not in front of the screen? During any time of e-learning there will be a weekly communication which will include digital resources, PDF attachments and recommended developmentally appropriate activities.
- How long will the children participate in e-learning? If it appears that preschools will be learning remotely for more than 6 weeks, we will close the school and stop collecting tuition.