PCCH Preschool is currently mask-optional.
Updated May 14, 2022
Dear PCCH Parents/Guardians:
Since the start of the pandemic, the ever-changing landscape of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has required our school to take additional steps toward protecting our children, staff, families and the future of our school itself. We continue to follow the recommendations of government agencies and are constantly analyzing the situation at hand in an effort to determine the best and safest practices for our school community.
We are committed to following the CDC recommendations in crafting school policy and procedure including:
- Heightened hand washing and cleaning procedures, particularly for hard surfaces.
- Maintaining a strict vaccination policy. Every faculty member will be fully vaccinated and receive all recommended booster doses to continue employment at PCCH Preschool. In order to come into our building, all parents, caregivers, and eligible siblings must be vaccinated or double mask.
- Implementing a test-to-unmask policy when a child is exposed to COVID-19 and following the CDC recommended quarantine guidelines for students and faculty who have tested positive for COVID-19.
- Implementing a test-to-return policy following major holiday and school breaks when regional case rates are heightened.
- Opening classroom windows to encourage better ventilation whenever possible. We cannot let classroom temperatures drop below 65 degree and will monitor window usage based on indoor temperature.
- Spending 30-minute a day outdoors for play and encouraging structured outdoor learning.
Thank you for your continued flexibility and understanding as we navigate these challenging circumstances.
Sincerely, The Ches Pres Preschool Leadership Team